It was about 11:55 p.m. on June 30, 1985, when the Blessed Mother shed tears for the first time through Her statue in Naju. While Julia Kim was praying the rosary for the conversion of sinners and for the poor, she saw tears on the Blessed Mother's cheek.

At that time, Julia was not aware of such a miraculous weeping of the Blessed Mother's statue. She was very surprised and told her husband about the tears. Next morning, they still saw tears flowing on the Blessed Mother's face. Julia and her family wanted to be silent about this and only prayed. However, the word spread somehow and people began coming to see the miracle.

A sister at the parish church scolded Julia for not having told the pastor and the sister first. Soon the pastor and sisters came, followed by more people. Sometimes the number of people who came to see the statue reached 3,000 or even 4,000 per day. The place where the weeping began was the building where Julia's beauty parlor was located.

Later the Blessed Mother's statue was moved to Julia's apartment and, then, to the chapel where her statue still is. Until January 14, 1992, the Blessed Mother wept for a total of 700 days, calling us anxiously.

Testimonies on the Blessed Mother's tears





Above: This photo was taken after two hours of video taping. Tears did not dry during the video taping despite intense lighting (2, 000W). (July 20, 1985)

Above: (July 23, 1985)







Above: The Blessed Mother's statue was shedding tears and winked with her left eye. (August 11, 1985)

Above: Sister Immanuel Lee from the Naju Parish Church made a floral crown for Our Lady. This photo shows a drop of tear under her chin. even though there was no tears on the statue when the photo was taken.
October 1, 1985)

Above: The Blessed Mother shed lots of tears. (September 15, 1986 - The Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows)







Above: Fr. Lazarus Lee, pastor of the Naju parish witnessed tears on the Blessed Mother's statue.  Many drops of tears flowed down on the statue. (About 8:20 a.m. on August 27, 1987)

Above: Fr. Rene Laurentin, Fr. Raymond Spies and about 500 others witnessed tears on Our Lady's statue. On this important Feast Day, the statue was moved from Julia's apartment to the newly-built Chapel. (December 8, 1987 - The Feast of Immaculate Conception)

Above: Our Lady wept a lot making the pillow under her statue very wet with her tears. (May 3, 1990)







Above: Julia saw three angels removing stains of blood from Our Lady's statue with little balls made of down. Afterwards, Our Lady shed more tears. (September 24, 1990)


Above: (September 26, 1990)







Maria Sohn Seoul and Anna Lee from Naju testified that, while they were praying in the Chapel all night, they saw the blood stains on the statue disappearing gradually after midnight and also saw tears dropping from the statue. Anna Lee was so frightened that she fell on the floor. (December 8, 1990)







The Blessed Mother wept for a total of 700 days through her statue. (January 14, 1992 - the last day of her weeping through her statue)